Thursday, August 28, 2008

Our Dinner last night

I wish all of you could come and eat dinner with us for one night. That is all it would take to understand this story. I'm not sure if I can get this story across to you, but I am going to try. Gracie is our drama queen. Eating with her is a challenge. She can't sit still and always wants to talk or sing.

So last night we were eating dinner and Gracie was up to her usual bouncy self. She didn't want to sit still, and was chatting and wouldn't stop for a second. Meghan asked if she could have another biscuit, since she was done with her meal. We said yes. Gracie looks at her Dad and says, "I want another biscuit too." Keith told her to eat her broccoli first. She begins whining, "I don't want to eat my broccoli! I don't like my broccoli!" Keith's reply was,"Oh really?? You liked it when we first began eating. If you don't like your broccoli, then you don't like the biscuits either!" (because just a few mins. before, she was happily eating her broccoli, as she was talking). Soooooo, Gracie as sarcastically as she could, asked her Dad, "WHY? ARE BISCUITS MADE OUT OF BROCCOLI??? Keith told her, "No, eat your broccoli and if you say another word you are going in the corner." So then she mumbles something to him, and Keith put her in the corner. This made her mad! She screamed for 5 mins and cried. When she finally quit crying, Keith went to get her out of the corner. He asked her if she knew why she was put there. Her reply was......... "Because I said another word!" So then he explained to her, it wasn't just because she had said another word.

Sometimes I just wish I could see the "Bigger picture". I know God has plans for all of us. We are told that in Jeremiah 29:11. I am just VERY curious, as to what those plans for Gracie are. She is starting to test us once again! It seems we take 2 steps forward and 20 back. I know alot of it is, because we have begun talking about the sub. Reminding her that Daddy is going back to the boat. She is still to young to understand. So please pray for us. And remember Meghan too. She understands, but it's still tough on her. They are so close to their Dad. It really hurts them when he's gone.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of prayer and love!!! I do believe she has her Aunt Carla beat!!! Love, Mama Becky

    ReplyDelete