Monday, November 22, 2010

What I need to work on this week.

I need to work on: being quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to be angry.  

No matter which version you prefer,  they are all the same.  I am having a hard time slowing down and actually listening.  I've been doing it for a long time now and I need to work on it.  


James 1:19-20 (New International Version)

 19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.

James 1:19-20 (New Living Translation)

19 Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. 20 Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires.


James 1:19-20 (New American Standard Bible)

19This you know,my beloved brethren But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger;
 20for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.

James 1:19-20 (Da Jesus Book,  Hawaiian translation)
19 Eh, my good friends! Rememba dis: You guys know dis stuff awready. Weneva you hear somebody talk, everybody gotta listen real good first befo dey talk.  Dat way, dey no get all huhu quick time.  20 Cuz wenyou come all huhu, dat no help you fo do da right kine stuff God say you suppose to do.  (huhu= angry)

And the good old King James Version:
 19Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
 20For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

I found the Hawaiian translation of the New Testament.  It's called "Da Jesus Book".  I love it!!  They gathered 20 something Hawaiians with the American Bible Society and translated it in "Pidgin" from the original Greek and Hebrew.

So now you know my BIG problem.  Hopefully I will overcome it.  I am going to need lots of prayers...so if you have an extra minute or two, how about saying a prayer for me.  I could really use all the prayers I can get.



No comments:

Post a Comment