Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I can feel the winds of change blowing and it scares me...

I guess it's rather obvious that change is about to occur in our lives.  I would be rather dumb to overlook the obvious.  I am going to be honest, it scares me.  I have always hated "change".  That sounds weird coming from a Navy wife, right?

I am great at adapting to the deployments and moves that are thrown our way.  I am having a hard time facing the reality that we could be civilians soon.  It scares me!  The last couple of times I went "home", it didn't feel like home.  I experience culture shock every time I step in to the "Civilian world".

I know that God will provide and He sees the "Big Picture", but this has always been very hard for me.   It's funny, because it took me a while to really adjust to the Military life.  Now it seems that this is the only one I know.

I was reading over this post and realize it's a lot of rambling on and on about "nothing" to most people.  I'm sure there are some Military wives out there that can relate.

If I lost it all would my hands stay lifted?  I've been listening to Kutless' song, "I'm Still Yours".  It is a perfect worship song for my heart right now.  God IS enough for me and my family.  He WILL provide.  We might walk paths, we don't want to.  In the end, we will be better.  Lessons will be learned.  Above all, God is God and he has our lives in His hands, and I'm very thankful for that!!!

Here's the words to the song:

I'm Still Yours lyrics

If You washed away my vanity
If You took away my words
If all my world was swept away
Would You be enough for me?
Would my beating heart still sing?

If I lost it all
Would my hands stay lifted
To the God who gives and takes away

If You take it all
This life You've given
Still my heart will sing to You

When my life is not what I expected
The plans I made have failed
When there's nothing left to steal me away
Will You be enough for me?
Will my broken heart still sing?

If I lost it all
Would my hands stay lifted
To the God who gives
And takes away

If You take it all
This life You've given
Still my heart
Will sing to You

Even if You take it all away
You’ll never let me go
Take it all away
But I still know

That I'm Yours
I'm still Yours

Oh, I'm Yours
I'm still Yours
I'm still Yours

2 comments:

  1. Bekah,I've never heard this song sung but I love these words. Just now got the new blog and I am having trouble getting to make comments. I put my Google account & password but couldn't get through. OK we will try this again! love you, Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!! made it! now for another couple of comments! Wonderful news about Sonya! God is truly healing her and she is staying possitive too!! and God is taking good care of Keith too and he is going to be ok. love you, will check back later. I just made a new friend - name of Polly Ester McDermitt, sassy little gal, do you know her? ha! ha! love, Granny

    ReplyDelete