Monday, October 20, 2008

Feeling thankful tonight...

So I thought maybe I should post an update on us.. We are doing good!!! Gracie had a really tough time at first... I started praying for God to help her understand what her Daddy does and that he will be back, just like the last time he left. No matter how much I talked to her about it, she couldn't understand!

So I continued to pray... About a week after praying I got an email from Karen H. (a friend from Philippi Baptist, the church I grew up in!) She had the idea to mark off the date of his return on the calendar. Then right before bed, place a sticker on the day that we completed! This would help her visualize when Daddy's coming home. I thought it was a great idea. We were busy, so I didn't try it right away... I continued to pray. Then my friend Christy (the friend who holds the Bible study at her house) suggested the same thing!! I'm not joking. Well since I was given the exact same idea... I decided to try it!

So the next day, I sat Gracie down and explained what we were going to do. A couple of hours later, Gracie came running up to me... She said, "Mommy now I know when Daddy's coming home!!" We have been doing this for a few weeks now... And she is doing so much better. She really understands when he's coming home!!! Thank you Karen and Christy! God used you, to answer my prayers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment